Ships in 12-14 Business Days
Heavy Duty (EP) Micro-Emulsion
Dascool 2360 is a heavy duty biostatic coolant designed with the most innovative technology available. It also possesses excellent resistance to the growth of bacteria and fungus.
Dascool 2360 is recommended for reaming, boring, threading, broaching, milling, drilling, turning, gun drilling, gear hobbing, heavy duty grinding and sawing of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Dascool 2360 contains fatty oils and extreme pressure additives, which impart excellent lubricity characteristics to the working solution.
Dascool 2360 is recommended for operations of high severity with stainless steels, cast and forged steels, cast and extruded aluminum, and other non-ferrous alloys. Care should be taken to wash Dascool 2360 residue from titanium work-pieces promptly after production, to prevent stress corrosion interaction between the fluid and metal.
Dascool 2360 is free of biocide, fungicide, boron, sulfur, phenols, chromate and nitrites.
Typical concentrations would range from 5% to 10% for machining and 4% to 7% for grinding. Optimal bioresistance and longevity are attained when the product is charged into a clean machine and the concentration is maintained within recommended dilution ranges.
The concentration of Dascool 2360 can easily be determined by using a refractometer.
DATA (TYPICAL VALUES)
Hazy amber liquid
Specific Gravity @ 15°C
pH @ 5% (working solution)
· Excellent bio-resistance without the use of biocide or fungicide.
· Multi-metal compatible.
· High level of lubricity and EP components.
· Effective cooling with outstanding lubricity.
· Increased cutting efficiency and tool life.
· High detergency keeps wheels, machinery and machine surfaces clean.
· Enhanced lubricity provides extended tool life and reduces tooling cost.
· Provides improved part finish which reduces overall cost through reduced rework and scrap rates
· Bio-stable formulation extends sump life indefinitely, reducing waste treatment and recharge costs.
· Provides enhanced corrosion inhibition eliminating costly machine tool repair and scrap rate.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Refer to MSDS for proper handling and disposal. Please note that the MSDS includes handling, health and disposal information which should be passed on to your employees, and to anyone else who comes in contact with our product. Additional advice can also be obtained from your local Houghton representative.
NOTE: Read and understand all precautions on container labels before using this product.