Ships in 5-7 Business Days
CIMGUARD OAK PROTECT 2405 is a solvent/oil based, indoor/outdoor corrosion preventative for ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
CIMGUARD OAK PROTECT 2405 can provide long-term indoor corrosion protection and up to 18 months outdoor protection, depending on storage conditions, when used as received. Metal parts should be thoroughly cleaned before applying. It may be applied by airless spray, dipping or brush methods. When practical, dipping is preferred since it assures complete coverage. After application, the solvent should be allowed to fully evaporate before the parts are handled, packaged or stored. When applying to wet surfaces, be sure to drain entrapped water from holes, crevices, or other cavities.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
· Provides exceptional long-term outdoor/indoor protection that has excellent resistance to high humidity and acid atmospheres.
· Transparent coating allows visual inspection of parts and/or identification markings.
· Deposits a thin, oily film which is easily cleanable by aqueous cleaners or vapor degreasers.
· Residual protective film will expand and contract with metal without cracking.
· Excellent Thin Film Salt Spray Test results: 96- 120 hours.
· Can be diluted with either solvents or oil, for greater economy, but with shorter protection periods.
RECOMMENDED STARTING DILUTIONS:
CIMGUARD OAK PROTECT 2405 is to be used neat, as is. Add no other materials to the concentrate unless approved by your CIMCOOL® Technical Specialist.
HANDLING and STORAGE:
Product is combustible. Do not heat. Avoid open flames, sparks, and temperatures approaching the flash point. Long term storage in plastic totes is not recommended, best if used within 3 months.
SAFETY DATA SHEET:
Available at www.cimcool.com
For additional information refer to its OSHA SDS, website or contact your local CIMCOOL TECHNICAL SPECIALIST OR DISTRICT MANAGER, or you may contact CIMCOOL® Technical Services at 1-888-CIMCOOL.
Limitation of Liability: Under no circumstances, shall we or any affiliate of ours have any liability whatsoever for loss of use, or for any indirect or consequential damages. Minor formulation changes or normal variations in the manufacture of this product may cause slight variances in the data presented on this sheet.