Ships in 5-7 Business Days
Heavy-Duty, Biostatic, Synthetic Machining and Grinding Fluid
Hocut 769-D is a heavy-duty, synthetic coolant for machining and grinding of ferrous metals. It forms a clear, transparent solution which facilitates tool set-up and close tolerance grinding operations. The extreme pressure additive package incorporated into Hocut 769-D provides excellent lubrication and anti-weld properties, enabling its solutions to perform the most difficult machining operations.
Hocut 769-D is a synthetic chemical coolant that combines excellent rust protection with low foaming characteristics and long sump life. It was formulated to reject tramp oil that can cause smoking or misting and premature spoilage of a coolant.
Hocut 769-D has a clean, fresh odor and is mild and non-irritating to operators’ skin, while its synthetic additive package assures economical, long-term performance. Spent solution will be compatible with the typical waste treatment methods used by the metalworking industry.
Hocut 769-D is free of mineral oil, nitrites, PTBBA, phenols and heavy metals.
Hocut 769-D is formulated to be used under a wide variety of conditions and in many different applications. Machining and grinding operations include the following:
Kingsbury, Bullards, bar machines, multi-spindle drill presses, crankshaft and camshaft grinders, vertical and horizontal turret lathes, NC and CNC chuckers, and centerless and cylindrical grinders.
Typical metals that this product can be used on are low and high carbon steels, 300 and 400 series stainless steel, cast, nodular and grey iron, and 52100 bearing steel.
The refractometer factor for this product is 1.5. Multiply refractometer readings by this factor to obtain product concentrations.
Remember, tramp oil and any other dissolved solids will show up as part of the reading.
DATA (TYPICAL VALUES)
Clear yellow liquid
Appearance, 5% Dilution
Slightly hazy, colorless to bluish cast
pH, 5% Dilution
· Excellent machining capabilities.
· Long sump life.
· Clean running.
· Waste treatable.
· Rejects tramp oil.
· Increased tool life, improved surface finish, allows increased feeds and speeds.
· Less down time, lowered maintenance costs, lower effluent treatment costs.
· Drops fines quickly, keeps machine tools clean.
· Assures low treatment costs.
· Eliminates coolant spoilage due to oil contamination.
· Enhanced lubricity provides extended tool life and reduces tooling cost.
· Provides improved part finish which reduces overall cost through reduced rework and scrap rates
· Bio-stable formulation extends sump life indefinitely, reducing waste treatment and recharge costs.
· Allows grinding wheels to run clean with less loading which saves money by extending time between wheel dressing and wheel changes.
RECOMMENDED USE CONCENTRATIONS
· Machining 1:25 to 1:10
· Grinding 1:30 to 1:20
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Refer to MSDS for proper handling and disposal. Please note that the MSDS includes handling, health and disposal information which should be passed on to your employees, and to anyone else who comes in contact with our product. Additional advice can also be obtained from your local Houghton representative.
NOTE: Read and understand all precautions on container labels before using this product.