Ships in 5-7 Business Days
Heavy duty machining and grinding fluid
Many of today's modern machine shops require the use of one coolant capable of working in many applications on a wide variety of metals. Hocut 4800 is such a product. It is a versatile product that can be used with many machines including Kingsburys, Bullards, bar machines, lathes, chuckers, centerless and cylindrical grinders. Whether you're cutting high or low carbon steels, alloy steels such as 4130 and 4140; cast iron, nodular iron and gray iron; 300 and 400 series stainless steel, Hocut 4800 is the choice. It is especially suitable when machining automotive grade aluminum cast alloys including 308, 319, 356, 380, 384 and 390.
Hocut 4800 is compatible with hard water, is clean running and bio-stable, which assures long, odor-free sump life. It provides corrosion protection without staining and affords good lubrication for machine ways and indexing mechanisms. Low foaming characteristics make Hocut 4800 an excellent choice for gun drilling and other high pressure applications.
· Machining 10:1 to 20:1
· Grinding 20:1 to 25:1
The refractometer factor for Hocut 4800 is 1.0. Multiply the refractometer reading by this factor to obtain the emulsion concentration in percent
DATA (TYPICAL VALUES)
Typical in use pH
9.1 – 9.3
Pounds per Gallon, 60°F
· Clean running/low foam for Reduced disposal cost/ less down time/operator acceptance
· Excellent corrosion protection for In-process protection of machinery and parts
· Excellent machining capabilities for Increased tool life; improves surface finish
· Enhanced lubricity provides extended tool life and reduces tooling cost.
· Provides improved part finish which reduces overall cost through reduced rework and scrap rates
· Bio-stable formulation extends sump life indefinitely, reducing waste treatment and recharge costs.
· Allows grinding wheels to run clean with less loading which saves money by extending time between wheel dressing and wheel changes.
· Provides enhanced corrosion inhibition eliminating costly machine tool repair and scrap rate.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Refer to MSDS for proper handling and disposal. Please note that the MSDS includes handling, health and disposal information which should be passed on to your employees, and to anyone else who comes in contact with our product. Additional advice can also be obtained from your local Houghton representative.
NOTE: Read and understand all precautions on container labels before using this product.